The Chapel of Panagia Makrini in Kalithea

The Chapel of Panagia Makrini found on the western side of Kerki, the holy mountain of Samos island, Greece. It is dedicated to the Dormition of the Theotokos and built within a cave probably during the days of St. Paul Latrinos in the 10th century. The groin vault bears the building date of 16 August 1764. Video: Nikos Tsoumakis Photos: Nikolaos Housas